Create Book as DITA Map Document
How to create a book as a DITA Map document with FrameMaker?
A DITA Map Document is used as a container of multiple DITA topic docuements to for book with a simple structure.
You can follow this tutorial to create a book as DITA Map document with FrameMaker.
1. Start FrameMaker.
2. Click "File > New > XML" menu. You see "New XML" screen.
3. Select "DITA > Map" and click "OK". You see a blank book (named as MAP TITLE) displayed in the left tree view panel.
4. Click on the "View > Document View" menu to switch to the document view mode. You see a blank template book displayed in the main editing window.
5. Click on the "XML View" icon in the menu bar and next to the search icon. You see the XML elements of the DITA Map document.
6. Enter more details to complete the Map document as shown below:
<map> <title>My Book - DITA Map Example</title> <topicref href="DITA-Topic-Task-Example.xml"/> <topicref href="DITA-Topic-Concept-Example.xml"/> <topicref href="DITA-Topic-Reference-Example.xml"/> <topicref href="DITA-Topic-Glossary-Group-Example.xml"/> </map>
6. Click "File > Save As" to save the document to DITA-Map-Example.xml in "XML (*.xml)" format.
The picture below shows you how to create a book as DITA Map document in FrameMaker:
2017-11-25, 171👍, 0💬
What browser to use to cast Website and video to Chromecast devices on my Android phone? On your And...
How to log in to Microsoft Teams with a Web browser? I know that my company is using Microsoft Teams...
How register my Fitbit device through Fitbit Connect? I have an account with Fitbit server, installe...
What are header and footer design options in Microsoft Word? I want to learn more about creating hea...
How to download and install SoapUI on Windows systems? Here are the steps to download and install So...