Add Password to Stop Others Editing Your Word Documents
How to add a password to stop other people editing my Word document? I want share a Word file with my friends on my Website. But I don't want my friend to edit the Word file. Can I add a password protection to my Word file?
Yes, you can easily add a password to stop other people editing your Word file in 6 steps. Other people can only open your Word file in read-only mode if they don't know the password.
1. Open your .docx file in Word.
2. Click the File menu, then click Save As menu item. You will see the "Save As" box showing up.
3. Click Tools near the bottom and select "General Options". You will see the General Options box showing up.
4. Enter your password in the "Password to modify" field below "File sharing settings for this document", then click OK. You will see the Confirm Password box showing up. See the picture below:
5. Enter the same password in the "Reenter password to modify" field, then click OK. You are back on the "Save As" box.
6. Click the Save button. Your Word .docx file will be saved with a password to stop other people editing the file.
2016-12-28, 1654👍, 0💬
How to add a new slide master in PowerPoint? I have 2 slide masters in the current template. They co...
What is "Send to Bluetooth" in Microsoft Word? Should I disable it? "Send to Bluetooth" is a COM Add...
Where to find answers to frequently asked questions on Microsoft PowerPoint? I want to know how to c...
What are Control Connection and Data Connection used in FTP protocol? FTP protocol uses two independ...
How to install Fitbit Bluetooth Dongle on my Windows computer? Fitbit device comes with a Bluetooth ...