Add Password to Stop Others Editing Your Word Documents
How to add a password to stop other people editing my Word document? I want share a Word file with my friends on my Website. But I don't want my friend to edit the Word file. Can I add a password protection to my Word file?
Yes, you can easily add a password to stop other people editing your Word file in 6 steps. Other people can only open your Word file in read-only mode if they don't know the password.
1. Open your .docx file in Word.
2. Click the File menu, then click Save As menu item. You will see the "Save As" box showing up.
3. Click Tools near the bottom and select "General Options". You will see the General Options box showing up.
4. Enter your password in the "Password to modify" field below "File sharing settings for this document", then click OK. You will see the Confirm Password box showing up. See the picture below:
5. Enter the same password in the "Reenter password to modify" field, then click OK. You are back on the "Save As" box.
6. Click the Save button. Your Word .docx file will be saved with a password to stop other people editing the file.
2016-12-28, 1174👍, 0💬
How to fix the Microphone Permissions error with making a call with Messenger in iPhone? If your Mic...
How to create a command button to run my macro in slide show in PowerPoint? I have created a macro t...
How to start and stop FileZilla Server service? I have FileZilla installed on my Windows computer. Y...
How to add comments on slides? I am reviewing someone else's presentation and I want to add some com...
What is "OneNote Notes about Word Documents" add-in in Microsoft Word? Should I disable it? "OneNote...