Adding ActiveX Controls like Command Buttons
How to add ActiveX controls, like text command button, text box, check box, etc., to Presentation slides? I want to make my presentation more interactive to allow viewers to fill in values in text boxes and click command buttons to trigger some actions. Can I add ActiveX controls to achieve this through some programming codes?
Yes, you can easily add some ActiveX controls on your PowerPoint presentation slides to make them interactive. Here is an example of two text boxes and one command button ActiveX controls:
1. Click the Developer tab. You see the Developer tab menu showing up.
2. Select the Text Box icon from the Controls menu group, then press and drag the mouse to create an ActiveX control text box on the slide.
3. Click the right mouse button on the text box and select Properties from the context menu. You see the Properties box showing up.
4. Change the value in the (Name) field to "Temperature". Then change the value in the Value field to "32".
5. Repeat the process to create another text box with name of Result and value of "?".
6. Select the Command Button icon from the Controls menu group, then press and drag the mouse to create an ActiveX control command button on the slide.
7. Change the value in the Caption field to "Convert" on the Properties box of the command button.
8. Click the right mouse button on the command button and select View Code from the context menu. You see the Microsoft Visual Basic window showing up.
9. Enter the following programming code in Visual Basic window and close it:
Private Sub Convert_Click() Result.Value = 5 * (Temperature.Value - 32) / 9 End Sub
10. Click the Slide Show icon to test ActiveX controls.
This picture shows one test result:
2016-10-26, 794👍, 0💬
How to pause file transfer in FileZilla FTP Client? I want to close the computer in the middle of a ...
How to edit Mozilla Firefox configuration file? Mozilla Firefox has a configuration file that contro...
What is card game Spider Solitaire? Spider Solitaire is card solitaire game played with two decks of...
What Is card game FreeCell? FreeCell is a card solitaire game played with a single deck. The key to ...
What is "OneNote Linked Notes Add-in" in Microsoft Word? Should I disable it? "OneNote Linked Notes ...