Add Password to Stop Others Opening Your Word Documents
How to add a password to stop other people opening my Word document? I want share a Word file with my friends on my Website. But I don't want other people to open the Word file. Can I add a password protection to my Word file?
Yes, you can easily add a password to stop other people opening your Word file in 6 steps:
1. Open your .docx file in Word.
2. Click the File menu, then click Save As menu item. You will see the "Save As" box showing up.
3. Click Tools near the bottom and select "General Options". You will see the General Options box showing up.
4. Enter your password in the "Password to open" field below "File encryption settings for this document", then click OK. You will see the Confirm Password box showing up.
5. Enter the same password in the "Reenter password to open" field, then click OK. You are back on the "Save As" box.
6. Click the Save button. Your Word .docx file will be saved with a password to stop other people opening the file.
2016-12-28, 3361👍, 0💬
Is Tahoma font supported on iPhone, iPad and other Apple devices? The answer is no. Tahoma font is n...
How to fix the Microphone Permissions error with making a call with Messenger in iPhone? If your Mic...
What is Microsoft Office 365? Office 365 is a cloud service offered by Microsoft that provide produc...
How to draw a diagram on a PowerPoint slide? You can easily draw a diagram on any PowerPoint slide i...
Why I getting the "Error! No text of specified style in document." in Microsoft Word? You are gettin...