Web Design (44)
Add Password to Stop Others Opening Your Word Documents
How to add a password to stop other people opening my Word document? I want share a Word file with my friends on my Website. But I don't want other people to open the Word file. Can I add a password protection to my Word file?
Yes, you can easily add a password to stop other people opening your Word file in 6 steps:
1. Open your .docx file in Word.
2. Click the File menu, then click Save As menu item. You will see the "Save As" box showing up.
3. Click Tools near the bottom and select "General Options". You will see the General Options box showing up.
4. Enter your password in the "Password to open" field below "File encryption settings for this document", then click OK. You will see the Confirm Password box showing up.
5. Enter the same password in the "Reenter password to open" field, then click OK. You are back on the "Save As" box.
6. Click the Save button. Your Word .docx file will be saved with a password to stop other people opening the file.
⇒ Add Password to Stop Others Editing Your Word Documents
⇐ Open Password Protected Microsoft Word Documents
⇑ Converting Microsoft Word to/from Other Format
2016-12-28, 3591👍, 0💬
How to add ActiveX controls, like text command button, text box, check box, etc., to Presentation sl...
How to set column to be AUTO_INCREMENT in MySQL? And how to set its start value and increment value?...
How to create a new WeChat account without phone number? I want to use WeChat, but I don't have a ce...
What contents are stored in a Web Archive (.mht) file? When you convert a word document into a singl...
What are different versions of Microsoft PowerPoint? As of 2016, Microsoft PowerPoint has been relea...