Add Password to Stop Others Opening Your Word Documents
How to add a password to stop other people opening my Word document? I want share a Word file with my friends on my Website. But I don't want other people to open the Word file. Can I add a password protection to my Word file?
Yes, you can easily add a password to stop other people opening your Word file in 6 steps:
1. Open your .docx file in Word.
2. Click the File menu, then click Save As menu item. You will see the "Save As" box showing up.
3. Click Tools near the bottom and select "General Options". You will see the General Options box showing up.
4. Enter your password in the "Password to open" field below "File encryption settings for this document", then click OK. You will see the Confirm Password box showing up.
5. Enter the same password in the "Reenter password to open" field, then click OK. You are back on the "Save As" box.
6. Click the Save button. Your Word .docx file will be saved with a password to stop other people opening the file.
2016-12-28, 2994👍, 0💬
What browser to use to cast Website and video to Chromecast devices on my iPhone and iPad? On your i...
What are header and footer design options in Microsoft Word? I want to learn more about creating hea...
How to add a password to stop other people opening my Word document? I want share a Word file with m...
How to create a new WeChat account without phone number? I want to use WeChat, but I don't have a ce...
What are URL:sfb and URL:lync15 Protocols? URL:sfb and URL:lync15 protocols are special network prot...