Add Password to Stop Others Opening Your Word Documents
How to add a password to stop other people opening my Word document? I want share a Word file with my friends on my Website. But I don't want other people to open the Word file. Can I add a password protection to my Word file?
Yes, you can easily add a password to stop other people opening your Word file in 6 steps:
1. Open your .docx file in Word.
2. Click the File menu, then click Save As menu item. You will see the "Save As" box showing up.
3. Click Tools near the bottom and select "General Options". You will see the General Options box showing up.
4. Enter your password in the "Password to open" field below "File encryption settings for this document", then click OK. You will see the Confirm Password box showing up.
5. Enter the same password in the "Reenter password to open" field, then click OK. You are back on the "Save As" box.
6. Click the Save button. Your Word .docx file will be saved with a password to stop other people opening the file.
2016-12-28, 1697👍, 0💬
How to add or change the footer on a layout in PowerPoint? I want my slide footers to have the same ...
How to create a command button to run my macro in slide show in PowerPoint? I have created a macro t...
How to log in to Microsoft Teams with a Web browser? I know that my company is using Microsoft Teams...
How to unzip a Word Document .docx file? According to Microsoft documentation, a .docx file is reall...
Why am I getting the "You now have two copies of a file" error from OneDrive for Windows? You will g...