Add Password to Stop Others Opening Your Word Documents
How to add a password to stop other people opening my Word document? I want share a Word file with my friends on my Website. But I don't want other people to open the Word file. Can I add a password protection to my Word file?
Yes, you can easily add a password to stop other people opening your Word file in 6 steps:
1. Open your .docx file in Word.
2. Click the File menu, then click Save As menu item. You will see the "Save As" box showing up.
3. Click Tools near the bottom and select "General Options". You will see the General Options box showing up.
4. Enter your password in the "Password to open" field below "File encryption settings for this document", then click OK. You will see the Confirm Password box showing up.
5. Enter the same password in the "Reenter password to open" field, then click OK. You are back on the "Save As" box.
6. Click the Save button. Your Word .docx file will be saved with a password to stop other people opening the file.
2016-12-28, 2622👍, 0💬
How to create two columns in Microsoft Word documents? If you want to make a part of a Word document...
What is a slide master in PowerPoint? A slide master is a set of slide layouts defined to help you c...
How to configure Mozilla Firefox to use Notepad to edit Web page source code? By default, when you u...
What are header and footer design options in Microsoft Word? I want to learn more about creating hea...
How to install my DSL modem? I need to connect it with my phone and my wireless router. The diagram ...