Simple WiFi Router Configuration
How to create a simple configuration for a WiFi Router?
The simplest configuration for a WiFi router is to put all wired and wireless devices into a single subnet as shown in this tutorial.
1. Turn on the WiFi router.
2. Connect your computer to a LAN port on the WiFi router with an Ethernet cable. By default your computer and the router will form a subnet.
3. Run "ipconfig" or "ifconfig" command to find out the IP of the router on the default subnet. If you see the following, the router's IP address is 192.168.1.1.
fyicenter> ipconfig /all 0 Ethernet adapter : Physical Address. . . . . . : 44-44-44-54-00-00 IP Address. . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.3 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
4. Open the router's Web portal with "http://192.168.1.1" in a browser. And log in with the default user name and password provided in the manual.
5. Review WAN settings to match what is given by your ISP.
6. Review LAN settings. The following default should be fine.
Local IP Address: 192.168.1.1 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 DHCP Service: ON Starting IP: 192.168.1.2 Ending IP: 192.168.1.254 DNS: 192.168.1.1
7. Review WiFi settings. Change the SSID name and the password.
SSID: MyOfficWiFi Security Option: WPA2-PSK Password: DontTellAnyOne
8. Connect all wired and wireless devices to the router. Everything should be working.
The following picture shows you a simple WiFi Router configuration with 3 wired or wireless devices as a single subnet.
2021-06-05, 267👍, 0💬
Where to find answers to frequently asked questions about Fitbit devices? Here is a collection of fr...
How to create a command button to run my macro in slide show in PowerPoint? I have created a macro t...
What are Mozilla Firefox 2 add-ons? Mozilla Firefox 2 add-ons extend the browser functionalities. So...
Is Tahoma font supported on iPhone, iPad and other Apple devices? The answer is no. Tahoma font is n...
How to Login to Microsoft Teams desktop version on my Windows 7 system? If you have Microsoft Teams ...