Setting Up Chromecast on iPhone or iPad
How to use my iPhone and iPad to set up and manage Chromecast device on my TV? I have a Chromecast device already plugged in to my TV set.
If you have a Chromecast device connected to a TV, make sure your TV is turned on, input is set to HDMI1 (or HDMI2) and you see the identifier "Chromecastxxxx" and a verification code on the TV.
Then turn on your iPhone or iPad, move near to your TV, and perform the following steps to set up and manage the Chromecast device:
1. Launch "Safari" Web browser and go to "chromecast.com/setup". Follow the instruction to download "Chromecast" app from Apple store.
2. Once downloading is complete, launch "Chromecast" to read Privacy and Terms. Then tap "Accept" to continue.
You should see a "Add New Device" screen or a message saying "Go to your Wi-Fi settings and select your new Chromecast...",
If you see a message saying "Let's set up your Chromecast" with a Chromecast picture displayed, skip the next step.
3. Go to "Settings" > "Wi-Fi". You should see "Chromecastxxxx" listed as a Wi-Fi hotspot. Select "Chromecastxxxx" to connect your iPhone or iPad to the Chromecast device.
4. Go back to the Chromecast app and tap "Next". You should see the Chromecast verification code displayed. It should match the same code displayed on the TV.
5. Tap "I See the Code". You should see the "Select Your Region" screen.
6. Confirm your region and tap "Next". You should see the device identifier "Chromecastxxxx" display.
7. You can change the identifier and tap "Next" You should see the "Select a network ..." screen.
8. Tap "Choose a Wi-Fi network" to connect the Chromecast device to your Wi-Fi router.
9. When the connection is done, you should see a message saying "Chromecastxxxx was set up successfully! Sweet! You are ready to Cast. Look for the Cast icon in your favorite apps."
10. Your TV should be displaying a Chromecast backdrop photo downloaded from Google.
On your iPhone, you should go back to "Settings" > "Wi-Fi" and change it to your Wi-Fi router.
2016-09-25, 3550👍, 4💬
How to install Microsoft Teams desktop version on Windows 7? I am tired of using Microsoft Teams Web...
What is "OneNote Linked Notes Add-in" in Microsoft Word? Should I disable it? "OneNote Linked Notes ...
Where to find answers to frequently asked questions about Adobe Flash Player? I want to understand m...
How to create a new PowerPoint presentation from a PowerPoint template? I have a PowerPoint template...
Where to find answers to frequently asked questions about Fitbit devices? I want to understand more ...