Generate XML from FrameMaker Book
How to generate an XML file from a FrameMaker book? I want to transform the book to other formats.
You can follow this tutorial to generate an XML file from a FrameMaker book.
1. Open the FrameMaker book like FM-Book-Example.book, and click "Edit > Update Book" menu to ensure the entire book is updated.
2. Select the FrameMaker book in the book panel on the left. Then click "File > Save Book As" menu You see the "Save Book" screen.
3. Enter the PDF file name like "FM-Book-Example". And make sure that "Save as type" is set to "XML (*.xml)".
4. Click "Save".
5. You see an error in the console panel:
XML Parser Messages (Document Instance) Error at file C:\fyicenter\FM-Book-Example.xml.DE2, line 15, char 20, Message: Unknown element 'NoName'
6. Go to the folder where the XML file was saved. You actually see multiple files generated:
FM-Book-Example.xml - Contains XML code for the book FM-Book-Example-TOC.e01 FM-Book-Chapter-Introduction.e02 FM-Book-Chapter-Basics.e03 FM-Book-Chapter-Summary.e04 FM-Book-Example-IOM.e05
7. Open FM-Book-Example.xml in an XML editor. You see how the book content is organized.
<!DOCTYPE NoName PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DITA BookMap//EN" "bookmap/dtd/bookmap.dtd" [ <!-- Begin Document Specific Declarations --> <!ENTITY bkc1 SYSTEM "FM-Book-Example-TOC.e01"> <!ENTITY bkc2 SYSTEM "FM-Book-Chapter-Introduction.e02"> <!ENTITY bkc3 SYSTEM "FM-Book-Chapter-Basics.e03"> <!ENTITY bkc4 SYSTEM "FM-Book-Chapter-Summary.e04"> <!ENTITY bkc5 SYSTEM "FM-Book-Example-IOM.e05"> <!-- End Document Specific Declarations --> ]> <?Fm Book?><NoName>&bkc1;&bkc2;&bkc3;&bkc4;&bkc5;</NoName>
You see the XML file in incomplete. So FrameMaker failed to generate the XML file from a FrameMaker book.
The picture below shows you how to generate XML from a FrameMaker book:
2018-01-06, 172👍, 0💬
What do those Fitbit icons mean? Here is a list of icons used by Fitbit devices and website: (Runnin...
Where are Microsoft Teams files located on my Windows 7 system? If you have Microsoft Teams desktop ...
Is Tahoma font supported on iPhone, iPad and other Apple devices? The answer is no. Tahoma font is n...
How to add a hyperlink to connect a keyword to another slide in PowerPoint? I want to have clickable...
How to download and install PdfMerger on Windows? I heard it's a nice tool split and merger PDF file...