Build Table of Content for FrameMaker Book
How to build TOC (Table Of Content) for a FrameMaker book? I have multiple chapters saved in individual FrameMaker documents.
You can follow this tutorial to build the TOC (Table Of Content) for a FrameMaker book.
1. Open each the FrameMaker document for each chapter in the book. Select the chapter title and select "Heading 1" in the "Paragraph Formats" list.
2. Change section title to "Heading 2" for each section in the each chapter.
3. Select the FrameMaker book in the book panel.
4. Click "Insert > Create Standalone TOC" menu. You see the "Set Up Table of Contents" screen.
5. Select "Heading 1" in the list on the right, and click left arrow to move it the left side.
6. Select "Heading 2" in the list on the right, and click left arrow to move it the left side.
7. Click "OK" to finish setting up the table of content as standalone FrameMaker document. You see a new FrameMaker document, FM-Book-Example-TOC.fm, created and added to the FrameMaker book.
See the next tutorial on how to update the table of contents FrameMaker document.
The picture below shows you how to build table of contents for a FrameMaker book:
2018-01-14, 689👍, 0💬
How to view the document.xml file with a Web browser? Since the document.xml file contains text cont...
What is "OneNote Notes about Word Documents" add-in in Microsoft Word? Should I disable it? "OneNote...
What browser to use to cast Website and video to Chromecast devices on my Android phone? On your And...
How to make my presentation beautiful by applying a built-in theme provided by Office PowerPoint 200...
Why I am getting an error message dialog box when I try to save my PowerPoint presentation with some...