Build Table of Content for FrameMaker Book
How to build TOC (Table Of Content) for a FrameMaker book? I have multiple chapters saved in individual FrameMaker documents.
You can follow this tutorial to build the TOC (Table Of Content) for a FrameMaker book.
1. Open each the FrameMaker document for each chapter in the book. Select the chapter title and select "Heading 1" in the "Paragraph Formats" list.
2. Change section title to "Heading 2" for each section in the each chapter.
3. Select the FrameMaker book in the book panel.
4. Click "Insert > Create Standalone TOC" menu. You see the "Set Up Table of Contents" screen.
5. Select "Heading 1" in the list on the right, and click left arrow to move it the left side.
6. Select "Heading 2" in the list on the right, and click left arrow to move it the left side.
7. Click "OK" to finish setting up the table of content as standalone FrameMaker document. You see a new FrameMaker document, FM-Book-Example-TOC.fm, created and added to the FrameMaker book.
See the next tutorial on how to update the table of contents FrameMaker document.
The picture below shows you how to build table of contents for a FrameMaker book:
2018-01-14, 239👍, 0💬
Where are Microsoft Teams files located on my Windows 7 system? If you have Microsoft Teams desktop ...
How to open a Web Archive (.mht or .mhtml) file correctly in Firefox browser? I converted a word doc...
How to configure Mozilla Firefox to use Notepad to edit Web page source code? By default, when you u...
Where to find answers to frequently asked questions on Google Chrome? I want to know how to install ...
I have an Apple iPad Air Model MD788C/A. Is it good? Yes. Apple iPad Air Model MD788C/A is a very go...