Build Table of Content for FrameMaker Book
How to build TOC (Table Of Content) for a FrameMaker book? I have multiple chapters saved in individual FrameMaker documents.
You can follow this tutorial to build the TOC (Table Of Content) for a FrameMaker book.
1. Open each the FrameMaker document for each chapter in the book. Select the chapter title and select "Heading 1" in the "Paragraph Formats" list.
2. Change section title to "Heading 2" for each section in the each chapter.
3. Select the FrameMaker book in the book panel.
4. Click "Insert > Create Standalone TOC" menu. You see the "Set Up Table of Contents" screen.
5. Select "Heading 1" in the list on the right, and click left arrow to move it the left side.
6. Select "Heading 2" in the list on the right, and click left arrow to move it the left side.
7. Click "OK" to finish setting up the table of content as standalone FrameMaker document. You see a new FrameMaker document, FM-Book-Example-TOC.fm, created and added to the FrameMaker book.
See the next tutorial on how to update the table of contents FrameMaker document.
The picture below shows you how to build table of contents for a FrameMaker book:
2018-01-14, 312👍, 0💬
Where to find answers to frequently asked questions on Microsoft Outlook? I want to know how to know...
What are Control Connection and Data Connection used in FTP protocol? FTP protocol uses two independ...
What is the best font families to use in Web pages? The best font families to use in your Websites a...
How to create a command button to run my macro in slide show in PowerPoint? I have created a macro t...
How to use MomoCast with Safari on iPhone and iPad to cast Website and video to Chromecast on TV? If...