Generate XML from FrameMaker Document
How to generate an XML file from a FrameMaker document? I want to transform the document to other formats.
You can follow this tutorial to generate an XML file from a FrameMaker book.
1. Open the FrameMaker document like FM-Document-Example.fm.
2. Select the FrameMaker document in the document panel, if you have multiple documents open. Then click "File > Save As" menu You see the "Save Document" screen.
3. Enter the text file name like "FM-Document-Example". And make sure that "Save as type" is set to "XML (*.xml)".
4. Click "Save".
5. Wait for FrameMaker to finish generating the XML file.
6. Go to the folder where the XML file was saved. You actually see two files generated:
FM-Document-Example.xml - Contains XML code for the document FM-Document-Example.css - Contains display CSS styles
7. Open FM-Document-Example.xml in an XML editor. You see how the document content is organized.
<?xml-stylesheet href="FM-Document-Example.css" type="text/css" charset="UTF-8"?> <ROOT> <TITLE> </TITLE> <Body> <A ID="pgfId-998390"/> First FrameMaker Document</Body> <Body> <A ID="pgfId-998556"/> By FYIcenter.com</Body> <Body> <A ID="pgfId-998553"/> </Body> <Body> <A ID="pgfId-998496"/> This is our first FrameMaker document. A FrameMaker document a single-file document created in FrameMaker and saved in FrameMaker file format (.fm). </Body> <Body> <A ID="pgfId-998516"/> </Body> ...
The picture below shows you how to generate XML from a FrameMaker document:
2018-01-16, 256👍, 0💬
How to create a new WeChat account without phone number? I want to use WeChat, but I don't have a ce...
Where to find answers to frequently asked questions about Microsoft Office 365? Here is a collection...
What is card game Spider Solitaire? Spider Solitaire is card solitaire game played with two decks of...
What Is DUALphone for Skype? DUALphone is a cordless Skype phone that operates without the use of a ...
How to run Fitbit Connect for the first time and create a new account on Fitbit server? I have Fitbi...