Convert Word Documents to Unicode UTF-8 Text Files
How to save word documents into Unicode UTF-8 text files? When I convert Word documents into text files, Word will use the default encoding, "ISO 8859-1 Western Europe", which will not support double byte characters like Japanese. Can I save word documents into text files using Unicode UTF-8 encoding?
Yes, you can easily save Word documents into Unicode UTF-8 text files with Word in 7 steps:
1. Open your word document (extension .docx) in Word.
2. Increase left margin and right margin to make paragraphs narrower.
3. Click the File menu, then click Save As menu item. You will see the "Save As" box showing up.
4. In the "Save as type:" field, select "Plain Text (*.txt)" option from the dropdown list.
5. Click the Save button. You will see the File Conversion dialog box showing up. Check the "Other encoding" radio button and select "Unicode (UTF-8)".
8. Click the OK button. A text file will be created with Unicode UTF-8 encoding, which supports all characters from all languages.
2016-11-03, 3894👍, 0💬
Where to find answers to frequently asked questions on FTP (File Transfer Protocol and related tools...
Why I am getting the "Warning: Unresponsive Script" message box? How to avoid this message box? When...
Why I getting the "Error! No text of specified style in document." in Microsoft Word? You are gettin...
Where to find answers to frequently asked questions on installing and using Mozilla Firefox 2.0? Her...
What browser to use to cast Website and video to Chromecast devices on my iPhone and iPad? On your i...