Convert Word Documents to Unicode UTF-8 Text Files
How to save word documents into Unicode UTF-8 text files? When I convert Word documents into text files, Word will use the default encoding, "ISO 8859-1 Western Europe", which will not support double byte characters like Japanese. Can I save word documents into text files using Unicode UTF-8 encoding?
Yes, you can easily save Word documents into Unicode UTF-8 text files with Word in 7 steps:
1. Open your word document (extension .docx) in Word.
2. Increase left margin and right margin to make paragraphs narrower.
3. Click the File menu, then click Save As menu item. You will see the "Save As" box showing up.
4. In the "Save as type:" field, select "Plain Text (*.txt)" option from the dropdown list.
5. Click the Save button. You will see the File Conversion dialog box showing up. Check the "Other encoding" radio button and select "Unicode (UTF-8)".
8. Click the OK button. A text file will be created with Unicode UTF-8 encoding, which supports all characters from all languages.
2021-04-08, 13314👍, 2💬
How to troubleshoot Fitbit device sync issue? My Fitbit device is connected to my Windows computer, ...
How to Login to Microsoft Teams desktop version on my Windows 7 system? If you have Microsoft Teams ...
How to create two columns in Microsoft Word documents? If you want to make a part of a Word document...
What is a slide master in PowerPoint? A slide master is a set of slide layouts defined to help you c...
How to pause file transfer in FileZilla FTP Client? I want to close the computer in the middle of a ...