Convert Word Documents to Unicode UTF-8 Text Files
How to save word documents into Unicode UTF-8 text files? When I convert Word documents into text files, Word will use the default encoding, "ISO 8859-1 Western Europe", which will not support double byte characters like Japanese. Can I save word documents into text files using Unicode UTF-8 encoding?
Yes, you can easily save Word documents into Unicode UTF-8 text files with Word in 7 steps:
1. Open your word document (extension .docx) in Word.
2. Increase left margin and right margin to make paragraphs narrower.
3. Click the File menu, then click Save As menu item. You will see the "Save As" box showing up.
4. In the "Save as type:" field, select "Plain Text (*.txt)" option from the dropdown list.
5. Click the Save button. You will see the File Conversion dialog box showing up. Check the "Other encoding" radio button and select "Unicode (UTF-8)".
8. Click the OK button. A text file will be created with Unicode UTF-8 encoding, which supports all characters from all languages.
2021-04-08, 9419👍, 2💬
How to install my DSL modem? I need to connect it with my phone and my wireless router. The diagram ...
What are header and footer design options in Microsoft Word? I want to learn more about creating hea...
How to fix the Microphone Permissions error with making a call with Messenger in iPhone? If your Mic...
How to set column to be AUTO_INCREMENT in MySQL? And how to set its start value and increment value?...
How to create a new PowerPoint Template? I have created a slide master and some useful slide layouts...