Convert Word Documents to Unicode UTF-8 Text Files
How to save word documents into Unicode UTF-8 text files? When I convert Word documents into text files, Word will use the default encoding, "ISO 8859-1 Western Europe", which will not support double byte characters like Japanese. Can I save word documents into text files using Unicode UTF-8 encoding?
Yes, you can easily save Word documents into Unicode UTF-8 text files with Word in 7 steps:
1. Open your word document (extension .docx) in Word.
2. Increase left margin and right margin to make paragraphs narrower.
3. Click the File menu, then click Save As menu item. You will see the "Save As" box showing up.
4. In the "Save as type:" field, select "Plain Text (*.txt)" option from the dropdown list.
5. Click the Save button. You will see the File Conversion dialog box showing up. Check the "Other encoding" radio button and select "Unicode (UTF-8)".
8. Click the OK button. A text file will be created with Unicode UTF-8 encoding, which supports all characters from all languages.
2016-11-03, 3754👍, 0💬
How to make my presentation beautiful by applying a built-in theme provided by Office PowerPoint 200...
Where does Mozilla Firefox 2 store download files? When you download files from Websites, Mozilla Fi...
How to install Mozilla Firefox 2.0 add-on: FireFTP? FireFTP is a Mozilla Firefox 2 add-on that provi...
Why am I not seeing the "Call Forwarding" option on Skype for Business on Windows? You don't see the...
How to join a team in Microsoft Teams? My manager told me we are using Microsoft Teams service. In o...