Convert Word Documents to Unicode UTF-8 Text Files
How to save word documents into Unicode UTF-8 text files? When I convert Word documents into text files, Word will use the default encoding, "ISO 8859-1 Western Europe", which will not support double byte characters like Japanese. Can I save word documents into text files using Unicode UTF-8 encoding?
Yes, you can easily save Word documents into Unicode UTF-8 text files with Word in 7 steps:
1. Open your word document (extension .docx) in Word.
2. Increase left margin and right margin to make paragraphs narrower.
3. Click the File menu, then click Save As menu item. You will see the "Save As" box showing up.
4. In the "Save as type:" field, select "Plain Text (*.txt)" option from the dropdown list.
5. Click the Save button. You will see the File Conversion dialog box showing up. Check the "Other encoding" radio button and select "Unicode (UTF-8)".
8. Click the OK button. A text file will be created with Unicode UTF-8 encoding, which supports all characters from all languages.
2016-11-03, 4948👍, 0💬
How to configure Mozilla Firefox to use Notepad to edit Web page source code? By default, when you u...
Where are Microsoft Teams files located on my Windows 7 system? If you have Microsoft Teams desktop ...
What are browser popup ads for Firefox? Browser popup ads are new browser windows opened by Websites...
How register my Fitbit device through Fitbit Connect? I have an account with Fitbit server, installe...
How to remove Microsoft Teams form my Windows 7 system? I don't want it any more. You can remove Mic...