Actiontec GT784WNV Modem New Installation
How to install Actiontec GT784WNV Modem for the first time? I have the modem and the Internet account ready.
If you have the modem and the Internet account ready, you can follow these steps to install an Actiontec GT784WNV Modem and configure it for Internet access.
1. Wait for the phone company to confirm that your DSL service is started.
2. Plug the smaller end of the modem Power Cord into the Black Port on the back of the Modem. And plug the larger end of the Power Cord into a Power Outlet.
3. Make sure the Power Switch on the back of the modem is ON. You should see the Power light on the modem is solid green.
4. Plug one end of the Phone Cable (slightly smaller an Ethernet cable) into the Gray Port (marked as Phone) located on the back of the Modem.
5. Plug the other end of the Phone Cable into the phone jack on the wall. Do not connect any DSL filter between the modem and phone jack.
6. Make sure all analog devices (phone, fax machine, caller ID box, answering machine, etc.) are connected with DSL filters.
7. The DSL light on the modem should be solid green now.
8. Connect your laptop to the modem using an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi (the default SSID and key is on back of the modem).
9. Open a Web browser and go to "http://192.168.1.1", and login with the default user name (admin) and password (password or password1).
10. Click the "Quick Setup" tab and the "Next" button.
11. Make sure "PPPoE" is selected as the Internet connection protocol.
12. Enter the PPP user name and password, which is the same as your Internet service online account.
13. Click "Apply". You should have Internet connection on your computer now.
2015-06-06, 1679👍, 0💬
Is Tahoma font supported on iPhone, iPad and other Apple devices? The answer is no. Tahoma font is n...
How to turn on or off comments? I have a PowerPoint presentation which has comments entered by diffe...
How to download and install SoapUI on Windows systems? Here are the steps to download and install So...
What is "Send to Bluetooth" in Microsoft Word? Should I disable it? "Send to Bluetooth" is a COM Add...
How to install Microsoft Teams desktop version on Windows 7? I am tired of using Microsoft Teams Web...