Actiontec GT784WNV Modem Re-Installation
How to re-install my Actiontec GT784WNV Modem? I just moved to a new apartment, my modem was working in my old place.
If you are moving and need to re-install your Actiontec GT784WNV Modem, you can follow these steps:
1. Wait for the phone company to confirm that your DSL service is started at your new address.
2. Plug the smaller end of the modem Power Cord into the Black Port on the back of the Modem. And plug the larger end of the Power Cord into a Power Outlet.
3. Make sure the Power Switch on the back of the modem is ON. You should see the Power light on the modem is solid green.
4. Plug one end of the Phone Cable (slightly smaller an Ethernet cable) into the Gray Port (marked as Phone) located on the back of the Modem.
5. Plug the other end of the Phone Cable into the phone jack on the wall. Do not connect any DSL filter between the modem and phone jack.
6. Make sure all analog devices (phone, fax machine, caller ID box, answering machine, etc.) are connected with DSL filters.
7. The DSL light on the modem should be solid green now.
8. The Internet light on the modem should be solid green also. If Internet light is solid red, the Internet access is denied and you should contact the service provider. May be your DSL account is not ready yet, or your account password is changed.
9. The Wireless light on the modem should be solid green, if you have any wireless devices that auto detects wireless signals.
10. The modem was working before, there is no need to set or change any modem configurations. Your wireless computers or phones should be connected to the Internet now.
2015-06-06, 1403👍, 0💬
How to use MomoCast with Safari on iPhone and iPad to cast Website and video to Chromecast on TV? If...
How to connect FileZilla to an Anonymous FTP Server? If you know the server host name, you can conne...
What is "OneNote Notes about Word Documents" add-in in Microsoft Word? Should I disable it? "OneNote...
What are different versions of Microsoft PowerPoint? As of 2016, Microsoft PowerPoint has been relea...
How do I tell what version of PowerPoint my computer is using? You can determine the version number ...