Setup User Accounts for FileZilla Server
How to Setup User Accounts for FileZilla Server?
In order for clients to download or upload files on a FileZilla Server, you have to setup a user account for each client as described:
1. Start the FileZilla Server.
2. Start the FileZilla Server Interface.
3. Click "Edit > Users" menu. You see users setting screen showing up.
4. Click "Add" below the uses list panel. And a user name like "jack".
5. Select "General" page, check "Password" checkbox, and enter a password like "DontTell".
6. Select "Shared Folders" page, add a folder like E:\log.
7. Review the access permissions for "jack" on the added folder. "Read" only is good for download files. For upload file, "Create" and "Write" are needed.
8. Click "OK" to save the changes.
Now "jack" can use FTP client program to upload or download files through the FileZilla Server.
2016-11-24, 305👍, 0💬
Where to find answers to frequently asked questions on Microsoft Teams? Here is a list of frequently...
Where to find answers to frequently asked questions on installing and using Mozilla Firefox 2.0? Her...
How to run Fitbit Connect for the first time and create a new account on Fitbit server? I have Fitbi...
How to create a command button to run my macro in slide show in PowerPoint? I have created a macro t...
How do I know what cookies a Website is sending to Mozilla Firefox 2.0? When you are visiting a Webs...