Add Slide Number on a Layout in PowerPoint
How to add Slide number on a layout in PowerPoint? I want my slides to display Slide numbers on the location.
Yes, you can easily add Slide numbers on layouts in a Slide master in 6 steps:
1. Click the View tab. You see the View tab menu showing up.
2. Click the Slide Master icon in the Master Views group. PowerPoint changes the presentation editing view to slide master editing view.
3. Select the layout you want to change.
4. Check the "Footer" checkbox in the "Master Layouts" icon group. The default footer line will be added to the layout with 3 parts: current date, footer text, and slide number.
5. Edit the slide number part on the right side. Or move it the header area of the layout, if you like. Or add a text box with "‹#›" to display the slide number anywhere. Note that the angle bracket signs used for the slide number are not the normal angle bracket signs. So "<#>" will not work.
6. Go back to the normal view.
Now all slides based this layout will have the slide number displayed.
Note that you need change the footer on other layouts too to ensure slides based on other layouts to have the same look and feel on their slide numbers.
2017-01-15, 890👍, 0💬
How to view the document.xml file with a Web browser? Since the document.xml file contains text cont...
What is "Microsoft SharePoint Server Colleague Import Add-in" COM Add-in in Outlook 2013? Should I d...
What is the difference between a Web page and a filtered Web page? Word supports 2 Web page formats:...
Where to find answers to frequently asked questions in general understanding of Microsoft Office 365...
Is Tahoma font supported on iPhone, iPad and other Apple devices? The answer is no. Tahoma font is n...