Create Large ZIP File on Multiple Diskettes
How to create a large ZIP file on multiple diskettes? I have a large music file and want to put it on diskettes.
If you still have an old computer that uses diskettes and want to create a large ZIP on to multiple diskettes, you can follow the tutorial below:
Steps to create the large ZIP file:
0. Insert a formatted blank diskette into the computer.
1. Run WinZip and select menu File > New Archive. The "New Archive" dialog box shows up.
2. Enter A:\MyMusic.zip as the file name for the new ZIP file.
3. Click the OK button. The "Add" dialog box shows up.
4. Make sure that "Multiple disk spanning" is selected.
5. Select the music file, my_music.pm3 and click the "Add" button.
6. WinZip will start to write the ZIP file to the first diskette.
7. When the first diskette is full, it will prompt you to insert the second diskette.
8. WinZip will continue to write the ZIP file on 4 diskettes. You should write down the numbers on the diskettes and keep them together as a set.
9. Exit WinZip.
When you need to restore the music file to another computer, you need to follow there steps:
0. Insert the first diskette into the computer.
1. Run WinZIP and select menu File > Open Archive. The "Open Archive" dialog box shows up.
2. Select the ZIP file, A:\MyMusic.zip, and click the OK button. The ZIP file will be opened inside WinZip window.
3. Select menu Actions > Extract. The Extract dialog box shows up.
4. Select a directory where you want the files to extracted to, for example C:\fyicenter.
5. Click the Extract button. WinZIP will start to read the ZIP file from the first diskette.
6. When the first diskette is done, it will ask for the second diskette.
7. WinZip will continue to read the entire ZIP file from all 4 diskettes.
8. Exit WinZip.
2018-10-19, 182👍, 0💬
What are Mimehandler and Plugin Processes of the Google Chrome program on Windows? Mimehandler and P...
How to download Mozilla Firefox 2.0? If you want to try Mozilla Firefox 2.0, you can follow this tut...
Where to find answers to frequently asked questions on Microsoft Teams? Here is a list of frequently...
How to install Microsoft Teams desktop version on Windows 7? I am tired of using Microsoft Teams Web...
Where are Microsoft Teams files located on my Windows 7 system? If you have Microsoft Teams desktop ...