Indexing .pst and .ost Files for Outlook 2010
How to ensure Windows is indexing my Outlook 2010 emails that are cached in Outlook Data (.pst) and Offline Outlook Data (.ost) files?
When Windows is indexing email items stored in Outlook Data (.pst) and Offline Outlook Data (.ost) files, it needs the "Office Outlook MSG IFilter" to help the indexing process.
So if you are using .pst and .ost files for Outlook 2010, you need to ensure "Office Outlook MSG IFilter" turned on in in Windows Indexing Options.
1. On Windows desktop, search and run "Indexing Options". The Indexing Options dialog box will show up.
2. In the Indexing Options dialog box, click Advanced, then click the File Types tab.
3. Scroll down until you find "msg" in the Extension column. Click "msg" to turn it on.
4. Also turn on the "Index Properties and File Contents" option below the file type list.
5. Click OK and Close the dialog box.
2017-03-04, 1433👍, 0💬
How to add ActiveX controls, like text command button, text box, check box, etc., to Presentation sl...
How to create a macro in Microsoft Word? I want to learn how to do things in my Word document with V...
Where does Mozilla Firefox 2 store download files? When you download files from Websites, Mozilla Fi...
How to install Fitbit Bluetooth Dongle on my Windows computer? Fitbit device comes with a Bluetooth ...
What are Mimehandler and Plugin Processes of the Google Chrome program on Windows? Mimehandler and P...