Indexing .pst and .ost Files for Outlook 2010
How to ensure Windows is indexing my Outlook 2010 emails that are cached in Outlook Data (.pst) and Offline Outlook Data (.ost) files?
When Windows is indexing email items stored in Outlook Data (.pst) and Offline Outlook Data (.ost) files, it needs the "Office Outlook MSG IFilter" to help the indexing process.
So if you are using .pst and .ost files for Outlook 2010, you need to ensure "Office Outlook MSG IFilter" turned on in in Windows Indexing Options.
1. On Windows desktop, search and run "Indexing Options". The Indexing Options dialog box will show up.
2. In the Indexing Options dialog box, click Advanced, then click the File Types tab.
3. Scroll down until you find "msg" in the Extension column. Click "msg" to turn it on.
4. Also turn on the "Index Properties and File Contents" option below the file type list.
5. Click OK and Close the dialog box.
2017-03-04, 1797👍, 0💬
How to pause file transfer in FileZilla FTP Client? I want to close the computer in the middle of a ...
Sometimes I see special symbols are showing up at the end of each paragraph in my Microsoft Word doc...
How to edit Mozilla Firefox configuration file? Mozilla Firefox has a configuration file that contro...
How to view the document.xml file with a Web browser? Since the document.xml file contains text cont...
How to add ActiveX controls, like text command button, text box, check box, etc., to Presentation sl...