Indexing .pst and .ost Files for Outlook 2010
How to ensure Windows is indexing my Outlook 2010 emails that are cached in Outlook Data (.pst) and Offline Outlook Data (.ost) files?
When Windows is indexing email items stored in Outlook Data (.pst) and Offline Outlook Data (.ost) files, it needs the "Office Outlook MSG IFilter" to help the indexing process.
So if you are using .pst and .ost files for Outlook 2010, you need to ensure "Office Outlook MSG IFilter" turned on in in Windows Indexing Options.
1. On Windows desktop, search and run "Indexing Options". The Indexing Options dialog box will show up.
2. In the Indexing Options dialog box, click Advanced, then click the File Types tab.
3. Scroll down until you find "msg" in the Extension column. Click "msg" to turn it on.
4. Also turn on the "Index Properties and File Contents" option below the file type list.
5. Click OK and Close the dialog box.
2017-03-04, 475👍, 0💬
Why I getting the "Error! No text of specified style in document." in Microsoft Word? You are gettin...
How to set column to be AUTO_INCREMENT in MySQL? And how to set its start value and increment value?...
What do those Fitbit icons mean? Here is a list of icons used by Fitbit devices and website: (Runnin...
Where to find answers to frequently asked questions on installing and using Mozilla Firefox 2.0? Her...
How to remove Microsoft Teams form my Windows 7 system? I don't want it any more. You can remove Mic...