Use Notepad for Source Code with Mozilla Firefox 2.0
How to configure Mozilla Firefox to use Notepad to edit Web page source code?
By default, when you use the View > Page Source menu command, Mozilla Firefox will display the page source code in the browser window. If you want to change this default behavior to use your favorite text editor, like Notepad, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Run Mozilla Firefox, and enter a special Website address "about:config" in the address field. The complete list of configuration settings shows up.
2. Scroll down the list to find the setting: view_source.editor.external. Double click this setting to change the value to "true".
3. Scroll down the list to find the setting: view_source.editor.path. Double click this setting. The "Enter string value" dialog box shows up.
4. Enter the path name for Notepad as: C:\windows\system32\notepad.exe. Click OK to save the change.
5. Now visit http://www.mozilla.org/ Website, click menu View > Page Source. The page source code will show up in Notepad.
2017-01-19, 2966👍, 0💬
Where to find answers to frequently asked questions about Fitbit devices? Here is a collection of fr...
How to create a new PowerPoint presentation from a PowerPoint template? I have a PowerPoint template...
How to download and install SoapUI on Windows systems? Here are the steps to download and install So...
How to view the document.xml file with a Web browser? Since the document.xml file contains text cont...
How to create a macro in Microsoft Word? I want to learn how to do things in my Word document with V...