Open Word Document with Word Desktop
How to open a Word document stored in OneDrive with Word desktop app? I have Word desktop installed with Office 2013.
If you want to open and edit a Word document stored in OneDrive with Word desktop, you can follow this tutorial.
1. In a Web browser, sign in to Microsoft OneDrive at: onedrive.live.com.
2. Move mouse over the Word document you want to open.
3. Click the corner circle to select the Word document.
4. Click "Open" from the top menu. You see two options: "Open in Word Online" and "Open in Word".
5. Select "Open in Word". You see the "Open Url:Word Protocol" message.
6. Click "Open Url:Word Protocol" button. You see Microsoft Office warning message about the danger of opening a file on the Internet.
7. Click "Yes" to open it. You see Word desktop started with sign in screen.
8. Enter your Microsoft account and password. You see the Word document opened in Word desktop app. This is step is only needed for the first time.
The picture below shows you how to open Word document in OneDrive with
Word desktop app on your local computer:
2018-07-13, 570👍, 0💬
How register my Fitbit device through Fitbit Connect? I have an account with Fitbit server, installe...
Why I am getting the "run or save ChromeSetup.exe" pop up box when trying to install Google Chrome 3...
Where to find answers to frequently asked questions about Microsoft Office 365? Here is a collection...
How to use my iPhone and iPad to set up and manage Chromecast device on my TV? I have a Chromecast d...
What is Microsoft Teams? Microsoft Teams is a Microsoft cloud service that combines workplace chat, ...