Web Design (44)
Microsoft Word File Extension .docx
What is the Microsoft Word file extension .docx stands for? What are the benefits of .docx files?
File extension .docx stands for Word Document XML. .docx files are Word document files stored in Microsoft Office Open XML Format.
The Office XML Formats introduces a number of benefits:
1. Compact files - Files are automatically compressed and can be up to 75 percent smaller in some cases. The Office XML Formats uses zip compression technology to store documents, offering potential cost savings as it reduces the disk space required to store files and decreases the bandwidth needed to send files via e-mail, over networks, and across the Internet.
2. Improved damaged-file recovery - Files are structured in a modular fashion that keeps different data components in the file separate from each other. This allows files to be opened even if a component within the file (for example, a chart or table) is damaged or corrupted.
3. Easier detection of documents that contain macros - Files that are saved in .docx format cannot contain Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macros or ActiveX controls, and therefore do not pose the security risks associated with those types of embedded code.
4. Better privacy and more control over personal information - Documents can be shared confidentially, because personally identifiable information and business-sensitive information, such as author names, comments, tracked changes, and file paths can be easily identified and removed by using Document Inspector.
5. Better integration and interoperability of business data - Using Office XML Formats as the data interoperability framework for the Office release set of products means that documents, worksheets, presentations, and forms can be saved in an XML file format that is freely available for anyone to use and to license, royalty free.
⇒ Unzip Word Document .docx Files
⇐ Different File Types Used by Microsoft Word
⇑ Understanding Microsoft Word File Types
2016-11-01, 2076👍, 0💬
What port numbers are used for data connections in passive mode in FileZilla Server? Can I limit the...
How to create two columns in Microsoft Word documents? If you want to make a part of a Word document...
Why I getting the "Error! No text of specified style in document." in Microsoft Word? You are gettin...
What are browser popup ads for Firefox? Browser popup ads are new browser windows opened by Websites...
Where to find answers to frequently asked questions about Microsoft Office 365? Here is a collection...