SAS® University Edition Shared Folder
How to set up a shared folder with SAS® University Edition?
If you are using SAS Studio Web portal provided by the SAS® University Edition VM (Virtual Machine), you can save source code files and data files on the VM device with no problem.
But the VM device will not be accessible from the VM's parent system.
To solve this problem, you should following this tutorial to setup a shared folder for both SAS® University Edition VM and the parent system.
1. On the parent system, create a "SASUniversityEdition" folder. Then create a sub-folder "myfolders".
2. On the VirtualBox Manager, select the "SAS University Edition" VM from the VM list on the left.
3. Click "Settings". You see the VM Settings screen.
4. Select "Shared Folders" from the left menu. And click the "Add" icon. You see the "Add Share" screen.
5. Select "Other" as the "Shared Folder Path". You see the "Select Folder" window.
6. Select the "SASUniversityEdition > myfolders" sub-folder you have created on the parent system.
7. Enter "/folders/myfolders" as the "Mount Point". This is an important setting and is missing in SAS installation documents. An example of all settings for the shared folder is given below:
Shared Folder Path: C:\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders Shared Folder Name: Test Readonly: [ ] Auto-Mount: [x] Mount Point: /folders/myfolders Machine folder: [x]
8. Click "OK" to finish the configuration. You see a shared folder configured as shown in the picture below.
9. Run a SAS code on the AS® University Edition Web portal and save it as hello.sas.
10. On VirtualBox parent system, verify files in the shared folder. You see your SAS code file, hello.sas, and other files:
C:\> tree /f SASUniversityEdition C:\SASUNIVERSITYEDITION |-myfolders |-.jupyter │ |-log |-.local │ |-share |-.sasstudio │ |-.images │ |-autosave │ |-preferences │ |-snippets │ |-state │ |-tasks │ |-webwork │ |-RS2105 │ |-RS2106 │ |-RS2107 |-.uestart |-sasuser.v94 hello.sas ...
Note that, if your shared folder is not configured correctly, You will see a warning message on the SAS® University Edition Web portal:
A shared folder named "myfolders" was not found on the virtual machine. See FAQ for details.
2021-05-04, 2236👍, 0💬
How to unzip an XPS (XML Paper Specification, .xps) file? According to Microsoft documentation, an ....
What are URL:sfb and URL:lync15 Protocols? URL:sfb and URL:lync15 protocols are special network prot...
How to update TOC (Table Of Content) for a FrameMaker book? I have make changes in some chapters. Yo...
How to view the document.xml file with a Web browser? Since the document.xml file contains text cont...
What is outlook.office365.com? Our IT tells us to migrate to outlook.office365.com. outlook.office36...