SASÂ® University Edition Shared Folder
How to set up a shared folder with SASÂ® University Edition?
If you are using SAS Studio Web portal provided by the SASÂ® University Edition VM (Virtual Machine), you can save source code files and data files on the VM device with no problem.
But the VM device will not be accessible from the VM's parent system.
To solve this problem, you should following this tutorial to setup a shared folder for both SASÂ® University Edition VM and the parent system.
1. On the parent system, create a "SASUniversityEdition" folder. Then create a sub-folder "myfolders".
2. On the VirtualBox Manager, select the "SAS University Edition" VM from the VM list on the left.
3. Click "Settings". You see the VM Settings screen.
4. Select "Shared Folders" from the left menu. And click the "Add" icon. You see the "Add Share" screen.
5. Select "Other" as the "Shared Folder Path". You see the "Select Folder" window.
6. Select the "SASUniversityEdition > myfolders" sub-folder you have created on the parent system.
7. Enter "/folders/myfolders" as the "Mount Point". This is an important setting and is missing in SAS installation documents. An example of all settings for the shared folder is given below:
Shared Folder Path: C:\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders Shared Folder Name: Test Readonly: [ ] Auto-Mount: [x] Mount Point: /folders/myfolders Machine folder: [x]
8. Click "OK" to finish the configuration. You see a shared folder configured as shown in the picture below.
9. Run a SAS code on the ASÂ® University Edition Web portal and save it as hello.sas.
10. On VirtualBox parent system, verify files in the shared folder. You see your SAS code file, hello.sas, and other files:
C:\> tree /f SASUniversityEdition C:\SASUNIVERSITYEDITION |-myfolders |-.jupyter â”‚ |-log |-.local â”‚ |-share |-.sasstudio â”‚ |-.images â”‚ |-autosave â”‚ |-preferences â”‚ |-snippets â”‚ |-state â”‚ |-tasks â”‚ |-webwork â”‚ |-RS2105 â”‚ |-RS2106 â”‚ |-RS2107 |-.uestart |-sasuser.v94 hello.sas ...
Note that, if your shared folder is not configured correctly, You will see a warning message on the SASÂ® University Edition Web portal:
A shared folder named "myfolders" was not found on the virtual machine. See FAQ for details.
â‡‘ Installing SAS
2021-05-04, 1641👍, 0💬
Where to find answers to frequently asked questions on Google Chrome? I want to know how to install ...
What do those Fitbit icons mean? Over the years, Fitbit has used a number of icons on their wearable...
How to use my iPhone and iPad to set up and manage Chromecast device on my TV? I have a Chromecast d...
Where to find answers to frequently asked questions in general understanding of Microsoft Office 365...
How to create a new PowerPoint Template? I have created a slide master and some useful slide layouts...